Solar Technician 2 – Georgia Solar
Origis Services LLC
Commensurate with experience level
Georgia Solar 4, Warner Robins, GA
Maintain, troubleshoot, test, repair, and install equipment in designated locations in accordance with established standards and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of solar power plants in accordance with established standards and procedures; always maintains safety and professionalism.
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Provide a working knowledge of troubleshooting electrical components with help and use of digital multi-meters, meggers, amp clamps, and similar equipment. Tests installed equipment, ensuring proper working orderincluding daily mechanical electrical inspections.
- Responsible for documentation including, but not limited to; work orders, service orders, time logs, and emergency information schedules.
- Maintains inventory control of assigned equipment to ensure adequate stock levels.
- Maintain high quality control on provided tools, vehicles and materials.
- Train, mentor and develop Electrical Apprentices.
- Ensure continuing education to meet safety and plant requirements.
- Employment may require working on weekends and holidays, including an “on call” service availability via telephone/text message.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Electrical Technician with 3+ years’ experience; Solar experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic electrical calculations, read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow, working independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform necessary physical activity, including lifting up to 80 Lbs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.